About me

Hey there!

I’m Lauren, I turned 11 in February and I live in Adelaide South Australia, I’ve never done the student blogging challenge before but I’m really excited about it.

I’m a pretty clumsy, easily angered, risk-taking person. Sometimes I do let things get the best of me and one of my worst fears besides bees and wasps is people not liking me for who I am, I also don’t like elevators but I like escalators, I also don’t like buses.

I live with my mum, dad, sister – Izzy and brother – Ollie (who are both younger than me) but you can’t forget about my adorable dog, Max, who’s a two year old (I think he’s two, he could be three though,) German Shepherd.

My favourite colours are: any combination of green and blue, green, blue, most shades of purple, most shades of red and I also like some shades of yellow. I like black and white even though I know they aren’t colours. I don’t really like the colour pink although I know it’s a shade of red.

I love zip-lining, climbing on things and jumping up to high places. I love to challenge myself and take risks, unless if you’re asking me to eat a banana and then the answer is no!

Some of my favourite sports are; netball, touch football, horse-riding & swimming. I love playing new sports. When I’m not playing a sport I’m either on my laptop, playing with my dog, singing and dancing or eating (or chilling in my room).

I am pretty good at robotics & coding, I love learning about different types of coding languages and programs. I have built my own computer which actually works. I love using Code.org, Grok, Scratch and having competitions with Sonali who is also doing the student blogging challenge.

My favourite subjects at school (except for lunch and recess because apparently they don’t count as lessons,) are S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths), Science which is a 1/4 of S.T.E.M, Drama, ECP, P.E. (Physical education – also known as sport), I also like whenever we are doing Edublogs because I love meeting new people even if they don’t meet me in person, I also love technology and since we are using Edublogs on a laptop I’m pretty good at using it.

I love horses (my favourite breeds of horses include: Hanoverians, Shetland ponies, Falabellas and any Welsh sections,) dogs (my favourite breeds of dogs are: German shepherds, Golden retrievers because I use to have one, King Charles Cavaliers, French bulldogs and miniature fluffy poodle-ish dogs) and farm animals. I would love to have my own chestnut/black/brown horse. My favourite food is, well I don’t really have any. I don’t like shop bought whipped cream or anything with bananas although I love banana bread and really don’t like banana flavoured bubblegum. I don’t like creamy stuff, but I love ice-cream because who doesn’t?

Something that really annoys me is learning distant relatives names, I find it really awkward when my dad or mum’s cousins know my name but I have no idea what their name’s are. It definitely doesn’t help when you see your family about every 1 – 3 years because they live on the other side of the world (in the UK).

I love going to the UK because whenever I’m over there I get to ride and look after horses, see my cousins and the rest of my family and sometimes play with adorable rabbits, I don’t think the rabbits like me though.

I like travelling and when I’m travelling I like learning new flags, eating new food and finding out new facts about countries.

I’m super grateful for all my amazing friends at Wilderness School, I’ve gone to Wildy since I was a little toddler so I have had a lot of time to make friends and I am still making lots of new friends.

On my blog, I’m planning to do school-related tasks because my blog is made by my amazing year 6 teachers. If I have a choice of what I can do on my blog I’m going to post a lot of photos of my dog and horses, I also really love technology and quotes.

I hope you enjoy my blog and I hope to check out your blog(s) soon!

Lauren

74 thoughts on “About me

1. Dear Lauren,
    I am a fellow blogger from the USA, and I thought that this was a really great blog. I thought it was funny that you said you didn’t like learning relatives names. Every like 4 years we have a family reunion for my moms side and I think that meeting new distant relatives is fun and all but it sure is a pain to deal with names. You said you were in S.T.E.M. Could you go into more detail about what that is and what you would do in that class?
    -Elliot
    Check me out at http://afascinatingblogbyelliot20.edublogs.org/

• It’s really fun,

Sometimes it might be building bridges and sometimes in STEM it might be Maths…….. I like coding in STEM. Sometimes you do science in year 6. Last science lesson we made bi-carb soda and vinegar rockets.

• I enjoy doing some STEM in my spare time. But I don’t take lessons yet! I just like to build packages to drop without spilling the stuff inside. 😎👍But when I do, I will be very busy!😬⏰

• Hi!

That’s awesome! What’s your favourite way to make a package that will protect the thing inside? I’m sure when you take STEM classes you’ll be very busy!

Lauren!

• I am also a USA Blogger and The one thing I like about your post is that you put paragraphs and you really told a story about yourself and that is why I like your post

2. Hi Lauren
    I’m apart of the student blogging challenge I really like your interest for horses they are very interesting animals, I like it. Just an opinion next time make try to make your description about your self a bit more shorter but it was very good
    From Sebastian

3. I must admit I have no idea about blogs , But saying that Lauren I find this very interesting for an eleven year old ,you certainly are a very intelligent young lady ,lm sure you have a very bright interesting future .
    With love from your Auntie Sue . ❤️🇨🇦

4. Hi Lauren,

I’m really enjoying your blog!

I love the way you’re writing such polite replies to your comments too. This is a sign of an excellent blogger.

I can see you enjoying being creative with your designs. I’m curious how you have different header images on your blog for different pages?

I’m not sure if you have time but I’m wondering if you’d like to write a tutorial post for other students that we could share on the STUBC site? No pressure!

Best wishes,
    Kathleen Morris

• Thank you for your comment,

I’m loving Edublogs. I’m just wondering what you want me to wright about? Is it for how to get different header images?

Sorry if you made this clear.

Lauren,

• Hi Lauren,

I think you need to change the time settings in your dashboard as I’m on Melbourne time and didn’t write that at 1am 🙂

Sorry I wasn’t very clear. Let me start again.

I noticed that you have some great header images on your blog like
        – ‘choose happy’
        – ‘there’s a long road ahead’
        – ‘girls support girls’ etc

I bet some STUBC participants would love to know, firstly, how you made these graphics. And secondly, how you got them to show up on your blog on different pages.

Would you like to write a blog post that explains how you did this? You might not have time and that’s fine. Feel free to check with your teacher! No rush.

Thanks!
        Kathleen

• Hi Lauren,

This is amazing! Gosh you must have worked quickly.

I’m going to publish our weekly post on STUBC soon but it has a lot of information in it and I don’t want your video to get lost.

I was thinking I could publish a separate short post on the STUBC site on Tuesday that shares your video.

Is that okay with you? I know other students will love your tips!

Best wishes,
            Kathleen

5. Hi Lauren. It’s your auntie Sue’s granddaughter, Rhys. I really enjoyed reading your blog, especially the photo of Max. I hope one day I’ll
    visit you guys in Australia! p.s. I don’t like bananas either😉

xoxo,
    Rhys 🇨🇦

6. Hello Lauren! I am one of your auntie sues grandaughters . I enjoyed reading your blog and learning about your life. I found that we have a lot in common. Can’t wait to read your next post. Xoxo xoxo xoxo oxoxo
    -Riley
    Ps. I like bananas, but they are not my favourite. I only eat them in smoothies :)🙂

7. Wow Lauren – I really value the way you have responded so politely to all your comments. This post has certainly proven to be a hit!

What a detailed description you have written about yourself, I can’t believe you hate bananas! I’m glad you are enjoying the Student Blog Challenge so much, as well as the rest of our classroom learning in Year 6.

Mr Jackson

8. Hi it’s Lauren!

I’m on my other computer which I made! I hope everybody likes my blog!

It’s so much easier to use Edublogs on Macbook airs than on a ‘Piper computer’

Happy blogging!

Lauren,

9. Lauren
    Greetings from India
    Nice work on music. After listening to your tunes I feel immensely peaceful and creative.Your music has that power .
    A.Chandran
    Assistant Professor
    R.V.Institute of Management
    Bangalore

10. Hello Lauren! I’m Elijah, and I live in the United States. I really enjoyed checking out you blog and reading your about page. Our school have just started the robotics team. I’m learning how to program robots for competition. I am also really interested in STEM. Maybe sometime you could post about STEM, or different types of programming technology. I think lots of people will enjoy your blog. 🙂

Check out my blog at http://ejbacklund.edublogs.org

11. YOUR 11! I don’t believe it! It seems like your a teacher or something! You literally wrote an essay just about yourself! I feel not very smart, but I think your awesome and my teacher said you’re awesome!

• Hi Serenity!

Yes I am eleven. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment! I’m sure you’re smart! I bet you’re awesome as well!

Lauren,

• Hi Nora!

My sister just turned 10! That’s so cute our dogs are both called Max! I would love to visit your blog!

I love your blog by the way! Your avatar is really good! Can you allow comments? (Because I really want to comment on your blog!) If you don’t know how to click here.

Lauren,

• Hi Liliana!

Australia is nice, in Summer it can get very hot. Australia is quite a large country, I haven’t been to all the states and territories yet! The only thing I don’t like about Australia is all the venomous snakes and spiders!

Lauren,

12. Hey, Lauren! I really enjoyed your ‘about me’ page! Learning about you was really interesting and I enjoyed reading. I’m actually from Australia, but I live in the US, so we share something BIG in common! You should come and check out my blog!

link: http://justingwhs.edublogs.org/

13. Hi lauren,
    I’m chloe and i’m from the united states. I really enjoyed reading your blog as it brought a smile to my face. I loved reading about your animals and the programs you like in school. I go to a career-technical school so we have a lot of programs based around technology, however i am in a medical program. I too have a fear of bees and wasps, and as for your other fear do not worry about what other people think of you. You have to live life to the fullest and that means being who you are no matter what. I hope you have a great year!
    -Chloe
    p.s. check out my about me page
    http://chloer223.edublogs.org/about-me/

• Hi Chloe,

I learn French at school, thank you for your comment! I’m glad my blog made you smile. That’s cool how you want to be a doctor or a pharmacist, my dad’s a doctor. Bees and wasps freak me and my little brother out! My sister doesn’t mind bees but she and my brother are so afraid of flies. Thank you for telling me that it doesn’t matter about what people think of me. Your blog is awesome! I hope you have a great year as well!

Lauren

14. Hi Lauren
    We having a lot of things in common, I like the colour purple I like going to England as well. Your dog is so cute. I have two dogs their names are Daisy and Jessie.

• Hi Ella,

Wow, that’s so cool how we like a lot of the same things! Awww thanks, Max is pretty cute! Your dogs sound adorable! What breed are they?

Lauren,

15. Hi Lauren,
    My name is Anders. Your writing is very detailed and well organized. How long have you been doing your blog for? My favourite subjects are also S.T.E.M. and I am planning to do them in majors later on in life. If you want to visit my blog it is http://www.blog44.ca/andersb/. I do a really cool school program called PLP which I post all about the process and product of projects.

• Hi Anders!

I began blogging this year.

Thank you for your kind comment. I’m glad you like STEM as well! I really like your blog! The quote you made (“There isn’t Done without Do” -Anders (me)) is very creative!

Lauren,

16. Hi Lauren,

I really enjoyed reading about you.
    I also play sports myself, my favorite sport is volleyball.

Also horse are really unique. Whats your favorite breed?

Best wishes,
    Kloe

17. Wow Lauren! You are very good at writing!
    I think that we are very similar. I also have a dog, and I dislike elevators too.
    It is cool that you do coding and robotics.

18. Hey Lauren,

It’s Lauren. It was so cool to learn about the things you enjoy and meet you. I’ve always wanted to go to Australia, and I would like to learn what it’s like. Anyway, it was so cool to meet you.

Sincerely, Lauren.

• Hey Lauren,

I love your name! Where are you from? I’ve always really wanted to go to America and Canada. It was nice meeting you.

Lauren

• I’m from Iowa. It’s part of the Midwest region of the United States. Apparently, we’re called the Corn State. So, we’re known for corn. And barns. Fields are just everywhere. Anyway, it was nice meeting you. If you ever do come to the United States, I would suggest somewhere where there is more activity then Iowa.
        Sincerely,
        Lauren

19. Hello, Lauren! I loved your post!
    Your dog is adorable by the way! German Shepards are so cool! I also like to swim, as well. Do you prefer swimming in a pool or ocean. Personally, I’d rather go to a pool. Coding is super cool as well! I’d love to learn how to do that one that day.

• Hi Grace,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I prefer swimming in a pool more than the ocean as well. Coding can be pretty fun!

Lauren,

20. Hi Lauren,

I really liked your post I also like horse riding and swimming I was wondering what it’s like in Australia because I really want to go there I also have family in the UK I live in America so it’s very far away sincerely Theo

21. Hello Lauren,
    I like your blog! I’m clumsy too.
    I have broken both of my arms twice and both of my legs. I think I’m sure I can say I’m really clumsy.